BSc Nursing Programme 2014
Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow BSc Nursing Admission 2014
The college is affiliated to Autonomous State University SGPGIMS, Lucknow established by an act called SGPGIMS Act 1983, which awards the degrees after successful completion of the programme of studies and practical experience in clinical setup, of this highly sophisticated tertiary care hospital and community settings.
Admission to the programmes is on an all India basis Entrance Test offered by SGPGIMS University. The college is offering the following courses of study:
- B.Sc. Nursing (04) years Programme.
On completion of the four years B.Sc. Nursing Programme, the graduate will be able to:-
Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral sciences medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
Demonstrate understanding of life style and other factors which affect health of individuals and groups.
Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
Communicate effectively with individuals and groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationships and teamwork.
Demonstrate skill in teaching the individual and groups in clinical / community health settings.
Participate effectively as members of the health team in health care delivery system.
Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical / community health settings.
Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research finalized, to improve the quality of care.
Demonstrate awareness, interest and contribute towards advancement of self and of the profession.
Important Dates for Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS Lucknow BSc Nursing Entrance Test 2014
Last date of receiving of completed application form is 30th June 2014
SGPGIMS Nursing Entrance Test on 13th July 2014
Eligibility for Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS Lucknow BSc Nursing Entrance Test 2014
The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission and maximum age 24 years, as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Minimum educational requirements shall be the passing of: Senior School Certificate Examination (10+2), pre-degree Examination (10+2). OR An equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university with science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) and English with minimum of 45% aggregate marks (PCBE).
Only unmarried Male & Female candidates are eligible.
Candidate shall be medically fit. (All candidates who are in the merit list are required to submit certificate of physical fitness from Registered Medical Practioner.
Implementation of changes in regards to admission process/selection criteria etc will be incorporated as per INC notification issued from time to time.
The minimum age for admission shall be 17 years and maximum age 24 years as on 31st December 2014.
Application Form for Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS Lucknow BSc Nursing Entrance Test 2014
A candidate should submit application on line and after submission of the on line form a print out of the same will be taken and send by registered / speed post to the Executive Registrar, SGPGIMS, Lucknow-226 014, so as to reach on or before the last date of receipt of application as advertised in News Paper.
Applications received after the prescribed last date will not be considered and Institute will not be responsible for any delay in the receipt or loss in transit of applications. Therefore candidates are advised to submit their application well in time, instead of waiting for the last date 2 Duplicate Admit Cards will be issued by hand to candidates 48 hours prior to the scheduled date of the entrance examination.
Entrance Examination fees / Application Form / Prospectus Rs.1000/-
All Drafts are to be made in the name of Director SGPGIMS, Academic Account payable at SBI, PGI Branch (Code 7789)
How to Apply Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS Lucknow BSc Nursing Entrance Test 2014
Information brochure and application form can be downloaded from the Institutes website www.sgpgi.ac.in. The candidates will have to fill up the application form “Online”. After online submission a printout of filled in application form must be taken and sent to Executive Registrar, SGPGIMS, Raebareli Road, Lucknow-226014 alongwith all relevant documents in support of age, qualifications, experience, caste etc. and duly signed by the candidate through registered post / speed post / courier.
A Bank draft of Rs. 1000/- towards examination fees should also be attached with the application form. The Bank draft should be drawn in favour of “Director, SGPGIMS, Academic Account” Lucknow payable at State Bank of India, SGPGIMS Branch (Code No. 7789) Lucknow, which is non-refundable.
Last date of receiving of completed application form is 30th June 2014. Any postal delay is not acceptable
Important Instructions for joining the course
- The selected candidates will have to submit the following documents/ certificates :-
- Mark sheet and pass certificate of high school.
- Mark sheet and pass certificate of (10+2)/Intermediate/ICSC pre-degree Examination (10+2) or an equivalent with 12 years schooling from a recognized board or university.
- Color passport size photograph- 08
- Transfer certificate/ Migration Certificate.
- The candidates as well as their parents at the time of admission of the students to the Institute will be required to furnish an undertaking in the form of an affidavit that the candidate will not indulge in any form of ragging and will not participate in any kind of misconduct with fellow students, teachers & other staff at college and Hospital during there entire period and training.
- Ragging is banned by Hon’ble Supreme Court; the Institute shall take strong administrative action, and may result in rustication of the student.
- Use of Mobile phone while attending class and clinical duty in the hospital is strictly prohibited.
- Strict administrative action will be taken against the defaulters.
- All students will follow high degree self discipline and honesty during the training.
- All representation/leave application/medical fitness certificates & grievance will be routed through the respective class coordinators.
- All students shall wear college uniform while undergoing the training in college and clinical area except on Saturday.
- No students shall visit the academic block/E.R. office/Dean’s office/Director’s office without the permission of respective class coordinator/Principal.
- No students shall leave their clinical area to show their relative/canteen etc. without the permission from the clinical instructor.
- No students shall receive any gifts/money/favor from the patient and their relatives.
- All students shall carry their pocket clinical dairy and pocket articles.
- Students who are sick shall report to (Hosteller to warden) and day scholar to the clinical instructor during morning hrs, and show to Doctor. No students will visit/take treatment on their own.
- No students shall leave the clinical area before the assigned hrs. un informed to the clinical instructor.
- All students are required to submit there assignments/appear for class test/ internal assessment examination on the prescribed date of notification.
- All parents and students shall ensure that each of them has 80% of theory attendance and 100% of clinical attendance for their eligibility to appear in the university examination.
Selection Procedure (Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS Lucknow BSc Nursing Entrance Test 2014)
Selection of the Candidates will be strictly based on the merit of the entrance examination held by the institute/ Competent Authority.
For more details please visit www.sgpgi.ac.in
Sanjay Gandhi PGIMS Lucknow BSc Nursing Entrance Test 2014