Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Entrance 2013
Post Basic B.Sc Nursing degree programme has been agreed upon by IGNOU, at the request of Indian Nursing Council. The need for this was felt as the current pace of providing higher education to working nurses is very slow due to shortage of Colleges of Nursing and paucity of seats available in each. As per the New National Policy of Education, the emphasis is on the need for making higher education available within the reach of all.
Launching of Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Programme through Open University will meet its objectives. Further, it will also contribute towards the growth of nursing profession, promote Nation’s idea of accelerating women’s education and uplifting the expanded and extended role of the nursing personnel. The development of this programme has been undertaken with the involvement of nursing experts, scientists and educationists from related disciplines all over the country.
Important Dates for IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013
Last Date of Submission of Entrance Exam Form on 08th August 2013
To, The Registrar Student Evaluation Division (SED), Block No. 12 Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068, by registered/speed post: 08th August 2013
Date of Entrance Examination on 08th September 2013
Eligibility for IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013
10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with minimum of two years experience in the profession.
(For male nurses or nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM programme should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery).
10th class (Matriculation) or its equivalent with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with minimum of five years experience in the profession.
(For male nurses or nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM Programme should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery.)
There is no maximum age limit.
Duration for IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing 2013
The minimum duration of the program is 3 years. However, the students are given a maximum period of 5years to complete the programme from the date of registration. After which the student have to apply for readmission paying the fee for each incomplete course of theory.
Selection Procedure for IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013
- National merit list will be prepared as per the general category and reserved categories.
- The OBC certificate of non creamy layer should not be more than 3yrs old from the date of issuance till the last date of submission of Application Form
- The total marks of Entrance test for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing programme will be 120.
- The Tie break criteria will be as below:
- Length of relevant experience as prescribed by the university
- Over all percentage of marks secured in GNM exam
- If the tie still does not get resolved date of birth will be considered (Candidates born earlier will have
- Higher rank than those born later) if there will be a tie after applying all the above criteria, then rank will be decided through a draw of lot.
- If the experience mentioned in the application form during the counseling is found to be incorrect, Application will be rejected with no further clarification.
- The Programme study centre allotted will not be changed during the course of study.
- Admission will be confirmed only after verification of original certificate during counselling.
- The candidates who are offered admission are required to deposit the programme fee.
- Programme Fees once deposited will not be refunded.
- Students must fill up email ID and mobile phone column; otherwise they will be responsible for non receipt of communications for counselling.
- The counselling process will be put up on the website of IGNOU by 1st week of November 2013.
How to Apply IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013
Student Handbook and Prospectus would be available at all Regional Centres. Student Handbook and Prospectus is also available on university website www.ignou.ac.in. The candidates downloading the Form from website are required to send a Demand Draft of Rs.1050/- (Rupees One Thousand fifty only) drawn in favour of IGNOU payable at New Delhi.
Reservation IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing 2013
The University provides reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, non-creamy layer of OBC, War Widows, Kashmiri Migrants and Physically Handicapped learners, as per the Government of India rules, for admission to its various programmes. However, submission of forged certificate under any category shall lead not only cancellation of admission but also be legally implicated as per Govt. of India rules.
More details regarding the above visit website www.ignou.ac.in
School of Health Sciences
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Maidan Garhi, New Delhi 110 068
IGNOU Post Basic BSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013