MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013
Applications are invited for the Entrance Exam for admission to Post Graduate Degree Courses in Nursing (M.Sc. Nursing) 2013 in the Nursing Colleges at Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam,Trissur,Alappuzha and Kozhikode and Govt. Seats in Self Financing colleges in the following Specialties.
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Community Health Nursing
- Child Health Nursing
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
Duration: Duration of the course will be 2 academic year (24 months).
Eligibility for Government of Kerala MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013
- Indian Citizen of Kerala Origin.
- Candidates, who are sons/daughters of Non-Keralite parents and have obtained B.Sc Nursing degree from any of the Nursing Colleges in Kerala State. But they will not be eligible for communal/PD reservation benefits.
- Candidates who are not of Kerala origin but have been resident of Kerala for a period of not less than 8 years. But they will not be eligible for communal/PD reservation benefits.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing (Regular course)of Kerala, Calicut, Mahatma Gandhi, Cochin, Kannur University or any other University recognized by KUHS, Kerala, Calicut, Mahatma Gandhi University, Cochin or Kannur University. Candidates who have passed the Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (Regular Course) of Kerala, Calicut, Mahatma Gandhi, Cochin, Kannur University or any other University recognized by KUHS ,Kerala, Calicut, Mahatma Gandhi University, Cochin or Kannur University after acquiring the General Nursing and Midwifery Course are also eligible to apply. Candidates who have passed B.Sc Degree in Nursing / Post Basic B.Sc Nursing (Regular course) or equivalent examination from universities outside Kerala and any Deemed Universities, should produce the recognition/eligibility certificate from any of the universities in Kerala at the time of counseling.
- Candidate should have completed one year of experience in any hospital with an average strength of 100 inpatients or in a School of Nursing or in a Community Health Nursing Programme or internship/Compulsory Nursing Service after registration with the Kerala Nursing Council on the date of notification of inviting application i.e. on 20th June 2013.
Applicants should have obtained registration with Kerala Nursing Council at the time of Counseling.
Age Limit for MSc Nursing
The upper age limit for General candidates shall be 46 years and that for Service candidates will be 49 years as on the date of notification of inviting application. (i.e.20th June 2013)
Selection and Entrance Examination (Government of Kerala MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013)
All Candidates including Service Quota candidates shall have to appear for the Entrance Examination to be conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala at Thiruvananthapuram on 21st July 2013, Sunday. The Entrance examination will be of 3 hours duration (10.00 am – 1.00 pm) with 200 Multiple Choice Questions. The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala will publish the rank list with all General Quota candidates who appeared in the entrance examination and have furnished the documents as per clause 8.2 of the prospectus based on their marks in the Entrance Examination. Service quota candidates have to qualify by securing 35% marks in the Entrance Examination.
Application Forms (Government of Kerala MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013)
Prospectus and Online Application form will be available from 20th June 2013 to 01st July 2013, 5.00pm in the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in . The Online Application procedure is common for General Quota and Service Quota candidates. Candidates seeking admission to this course can apply in the online application form provided in the website www.cee.kerala.gov.in of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations and then remit the required fees at any State Bank of Travancore Branch using the Bank Chalan available with the print out .Candidates residing outside Kerala State can remit the application fee by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram. Application fee is Rs.1000/- for General/Service Quota candidates and Rs.500/- for SC/ST candidates. Service candidates seeking admission under General Merit Quota also should remit extra Rs.1000/-. The application form and prospectus will not be available from the Nursing Colleges or from the office of Director of Medical Education or from the office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examination. Application fee once remitted will not be refunded on any circumstances.
All Candidates including Service Quota candidates seeking admission to the M.Sc Nursing Courses should take the printout of the online application ,affix their passport size photograph (same as the one uploaded to the online application for P.G. Nursing Courses-2013) in the space provided in it and get it attested by a
Government Gazetted Officer and forward their completed application printout with all the required documents mentioned in clause 8.2 of the prospectus including original chalan/Demand Draft to the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Housing Board Buildings, 5th Floor, Santhinagar, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001, either by Registered post/Speed post or hand delivery so as to reach this office before 5pm on 02nd July 2013, Tuesday.
However, Service Candidates in addition should forward a copy of the completed application along with all required documents including their service details to the Controlling Officer concerned as stipulated in the prospectus, on or before 5.00pm on 02nd July 2013, Tuesday. Late, defective and incomplete applications will be summarily rejected. No correspondence will be undertaken in this regard. The Commissioner for Entrance Examinations will not be responsible for any postal delay.
Admit Cards for Government of Kerala MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013
Admit cards for the candidate who’s Applications have been accepted will be provided online in the official website of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, www.cee.kerala.gov.in from 10th July 2013, Wednesday onwards.
Important Dates for Government of Kerala MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013
Prospectus and Online Application form will be available from 20th June 2013 to 01st July 2013, 5.00pm
Admit Cards available on official website www.cee.kerala.gov.in on 10th July 2013
Entrance Examination to be conducted by the CEE Kerala at Thiruvananthapuram on 21st July 2013, Sunday.
For more information please visit www.cee.kerala.gov.in
Government of Kerala
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations
Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar, Thiruvananthapuram- 695 001
Government of Kerala MSc Nursing Entrance Exam 2013